Unprecedented: Supporting Our Community in 2020
In March of 2020, the Foundation and its supporters faced a challenge like no other: a global pandemic that would change virtually everything. In the months to follow, many members of the community would need support – and even more members stepped in to help.
The Foundation held its annual gala on March 7, raising more money at that event than any before. The generosity of the community meant the Foundation could sustain operations and continue to support the community. The Emergency Relief Fund was established immediately, and within 72 hours, began providing much-needed assistance to the community. That fund provided:
- PPE production at the Cherry Creek Innovation Campus
- Access to online books through the district library
- Meals and snacks for the community
- COVID testing for staff
- Temporary lodging
- Internet access
The Emergency Relief Fund has now become the Community Fund, which allows us to respond to the most urgent needs. The Foundation continues to fund Internet access to students experiencing housing instability, provide mobile markets to combat food insecurity, and support students in accessing mental health care.
2020 At a Glance
- Raised $330,000 for emergency relief fund
- 4,000 school supply kits distributed
- 7,000 devices distributed for remote learning
- 5,300 headbands for Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) manufactured
- $10,000 worth of digital library books